STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Humanities, and Math) Packs are created especially for students, teachers, and families in elementary schools throughout Southeast Ohio. Through the hands-on activities in these kits, students will learn by doing experiments, creating art, observing scientifically, and more!
Each STEAM Pack will have:
- A paper booklet of activities with step-by-step instructions so teachers can choose to utilize in class or as an out-of-school connection to in-class learning.
- All of the materials and supplies necessary to participate.
- An online landing page with how-to videos, online storytimes with teachers and community members, and a space to leave questions for museum educators to offer assistance.
- A survey (in paper and online formats) to gather feedback and guide future improvements.
- Optional Zoom sessions with museum educators to lead programming.
Community Food Initiatives (CFI) is a non-profit fostering
communities in Appalachian Ohio where everyone has
equitable access to fresh, healthy, local food. Through the
Sprouts School Garden Program, CFI offers students a space to engage in hands-on lessons both in their school gardens and classrooms. Sprouts offers a unique, multi-sensory, inquiry-based education and a way to reconnect students with the natural world and the true source of their food, empowering them to “grow & share the harvest.”
The Ohio Valley Museum of Discovery (OVMoD) was founded with a mission to inspire confidence in people of all ages to discover the world. The museum provides STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) -based interactive, interdisciplinary exhibits, programming, and educational events throughout our community. OVMoD seeks to be a transformative hub for discovery-based, hands-on education, increasing access to and equity in informal learning opportunities by fostering collaborative educational partnerships in Southeast Ohio.
Many thanks to the Rally for STEM Teaching Fellows and Dr. Allyson
Hallman-Thrasher and Susie Strachota at Ohio University for volunteering time to prepare the kits.
For more information or to learn how to bring STEAM Packs for Students to your school, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated November 19, 2020