STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Humanities, and Math) Packs are created especially for students, teachers, and families in elementary schools throughout Southeast Ohio. Through the hands-on activities in these kits, students will learn by doing experiments, creating art, observing scientifically, and more!
Each STEAM Pack will have:
- A paper booklet of activities with step-by-step instructions so teachers can choose to utilize in class or as an out-of-school connection to in-class learning.
- All of the materials and supplies necessary to participate.
- An online landing page with how-to videos, online storytimes with teachers and community members, and a space to leave questions for museum educators to offer assistance.
- A survey (in paper and online formats) to gather feedback and guide future improvements.
- Optional Zoom sessions with museum educators to lead programming.
Community Food Initiatives (CFI) is a non-profit fostering
communities in Appalachian Ohio where everyone has
equitable access to fresh, healthy, local food. Through the
Sprouts School Garden Program, CFI offers students a space to engage in hands-on lessons both in their school gardens and classrooms. Sprouts offers a unique, multi-sensory, inquiry-based education and a way to reconnect students with the natural world and the true source of their food, empowering them to “grow & share the harvest.”
The Ohio Valley Museum of Discovery (OVMoD) was founded with a mission to inspire confidence in people of all ages to discover the world. The museum provides STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) -based interactive, interdisciplinary exhibits, programming, and educational events throughout our community. OVMoD seeks to be a transformative hub for discovery-based, hands-on education, increasing access to and equity in informal learning opportunities by fostering collaborative educational partnerships in Southeast Ohio.
Many thanks to the Rally for STEM Teaching Fellows and Dr. Allyson
Hallman-Thrasher and Susie Strachota at Ohio University for volunteering time to prepare the kits.
Link to East/West STEAM Pack program: Coming soon!
For more information or to learn how to bring STEAM Packs for Students to your school, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated November 19, 2020