The Nature Conservancy
We've got two amazing cafés lined up for the final stretch of the 22-23 school year, and you won't want to miss out!
- Mark your calendars for the first week of April because we've got an awesome two-part event with experts from The Nature Conservancy.
Part One: Monday, April 3rd at 6pm, join us at the Athens Community Center for a discussion about climate resilience and biodiversity in our region. Part Two: Saturday, April 8th from 1-3pm, we're heading to a local Conservancy property for a hike and Bioblitz to explore our natural spaces!
9686 Sand Ridge Rd, Millfield, OH:
Traveling on US Rte 33 north from Athens exit at OH-682 N and turn right, then stay right at the curve to go into Chauncey. (From The Plains, take OH-682 N towards Chauncey).
-In Chauncey, OH-682 intersects with OH-13. Go straight at this intersection (at the Marathon station).
-Follow OH-13 about 0.7mi and turn left onto Sand Ridge Rd (you'll pass the county dog shelter on your right, and then see the Jobs and Family Services office immediately opposite Sand Ridge)
-Drive up Sand Ridge 0.9mi and turn left into the parking lot. There is a driveway immediately before the parking lot, be sure to pass it and go into the lot instead. You should be able to see vehicles in the lot from the road.
- Fast forward to Monday, May 8th at 5:00pm, when we'll meet with environmental engineer Guy Riefler at an acid mine drainage site in Millfield (just 15 minutes from the museum)! Learn about environmental pollution and how engineers help clean it up. We'll collect stream samples and run some experiments. If it rains, no worries - we'll meet at his lab on OU's campus instead.
Spread the word and invite your friends!
For further information contact Jen Parsons, Executive Director Ohio Valley Museum of Discovery, at email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a Teen Leader next year? Click the button to learn more! Need a reminder? Visit https://www.remind.com/join/tsc2122 OR Text @tsc2122 to 81010
The Community Makerspace
Dr. Doug Goetz
Development of Therapeutics that Target Rogue Messengers
Dr. Mark Lucas
Seeing the Invisible: Experimental Physics
Dr. Nancy Stevens
Exploring environmental change through time: Tales from the field to the laboratory to the classroom and beyond
Dr. Jennifer Hines
RNA alphabet soup and how we use it to find new medicines
Dr. Ryan Fogt
Dr. Ricky Okello
Dr. Nina Adjanin
Sign up to receive reminders about future Teen Science Cafés:
led by teens, for teens!
- locally organized but nationally recognized and supported by the National Science Foundation
- provide a way for teens to have discussions and participate in activities with scientists and STEM (& STEAM!) professionals
- FREE programs with FREE FOOD!